Nov 21, 2005

A Saree to buy

{this is my experiment with blank verse}

I got my first wage,
a thousand and two rupees,
counted the bundle of ten, hundred times,
by-hearted the serial number of each note,
thought of opening an account with the bank,
for safe keeping of these thousand and two bucks,
like my supervisor does,
but then I realised,
that for my old lady at home,
I've got a saree to buy.

Burned my skin for a month,
in the hot blazing sun,
my body would go white each evening,
by the end of my day's work,
by the salt left over it,
by the evapourised sweat,
a fruit for this hardwork,
is this thousand and two buck.
Thought of buying a Hritik Roshan trouser,
a Salman Khan shirt, an Amir Khan watch and
a Sanjay Dutt shoes,
but then I realised,
for a worker on road, this would not suit.
And so with this wage of mine,
I decided that for my old lady at home,
I've got a saree to buy.

She could wrap this saree,
on her occasional visit to temple,
on some relative's marriage,
or naming ceremony,
when the people around would complement her,
for wearing a very good looking saree,
she would be pleased having given birth to me,
who presented her with this good looking saree,
so I decided, I would keep all my desires ashore,
and for my old lady at home,
I will buy a saree for sure.

No comments: